How to Start Running
Thinking of starting a running routine?
You've come to the right place!
Running doesn't have to be scary or cause knee problems!
Certified Personal Trainer, Krista Kelch (who you may recognize from the new how online fitness works video), is here to share her tips for starting a running program.
1. Why you might be making Krista sad and how to turn her frown upside down!
2. What types of fitness gadget and apps you need to start running.
3. The most important item to purchase when starting a running routine and tips for a successful shopping trip.
4. An easy method to take you from walker to runner (that can be used by beginners and more advanced runners).
5. Tips for goal setting when starting a running program.
It's a lot of solid info packed into an awesome, fun, quick video. Ready for it?
Tune in to learn How to Start Running:
Tell your friends about it the video by sharing this page and/or tweeting about it:
Trying to start a running routine? You CAN do it. Check out these tips.
Resources to help you start your running program:
1. Runner's World Shoe Finder: If you don't have a specialty running shoe store near you, this site is a good work around for finding the right fit.
2. Road Runner Sports: An online shoe store that's been popular with Fit Armadillo clients who don't live near a specialty running shoe store. This store gives you the freedom to try your new running shoes for up to 90 days with the option to return them, if you have a problem! Combine it with the shoe finder for the best fit you can get online.
3. Cool Running: Website to help you find local road races.
4. Fit Armadillo: Shameless plug! Sign up to work with Krista for more personalized help. When you start a running routine, it can be easy to get discouraged if you're not measuring up to a one size fits all Couch to 5K plan.
Working with a trainer enables you to get feedback on your weekly your progress so you know you're on the right track. Online 1-on-1 fitness sessions also make it easy to learn strength training exercises that will take your running routine to the next level and prevent common running injuries.
Now that you've watched the video, it's time to take action!
Leave a comment sharing your top takeaways from Krista's video and what you will do to try out running. Have a question? Feel free to leave it below: