What’s for Dinner? Wednesday
Good afternoon Fit Armadillo Fans. Today is the first week of our blog and first Wednesday dinner idea. We’ve cooked this recipe for dinner several times and love how it’s not only healthy but also super fast (20 minutes…yes you read that correctly!). We’re making it tonight since we’ll be training, spinning, and training some more but still want to eat healthy when all is said and done! Without further ado I give you tonight’s recipe* for
Poached Chicken Breast with Nectarine Green Bean Salad
*recipe originally from Clean Eating May/Jun 2010 (one of our favorite magazines!)
What to pick up on the way home from work (Ingredients for 4 people):
2 sprigs fresh rosemary separated
2 sprigs fresh thyme separated
4 4-oz boneless chicken breast
1 lb. green beans rinsed and ends snipped off
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 sprig fresh basil
2 nectarines pitted and sliced
2 tbsp sliced almonds
Steps to yumminess: (Twenty minutes from start to finish!)
1.) Pour vegetable stock into a large pot and simmer over medium heat. Once simmering add 1 sprig rosemary and 1 sprig thyme. Next, add chicken breast. Make sure your chicken is covered in stock (if not, add water or more stock to accomplish). Partially cover the chicken and simmer until completely cooked (about 8 mins). If chicken is done, it will release a clear liquid when poked with the tip of a sharp knife.
2) While chicken is cooking, boil water in a separate pot. Once water is boiling, add green beans and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer beans covered for 5 mins. Drain beans and rinse under cool water. Cut cooled beans into quarters.
3) In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, oil, and remaining herbs.
4) Arrange each plate with a quarter of nectarine wedges with green beans and almonds on top. Arrange sliced chicken breasts on plate and then drizzle chicken with balsamic mixture.
5) SMILE! Dinner is done in less than 30 minutes!
6) Eat and then share your thoughts with us below: