How to Eat More Fruits and Veggies
How to Eat More Fruits and Veggies with President and CEO of Produce for Better Health Foundation
Did you know only 1 in 10 Americans eat the recommended number of fruits and vegetables? Yesterday, President and CEO of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak stopped by to share some of the reasons for this sad statistic as well as what to focus on if you'd like to become a healthier, happier fruit and veggie fan. Today, she comes back to continue the conversation and share more about the PBH's exciting Have A Plant™ consumer movement, which replaces the Fruits & Veggies—More Matters® public education program. Even if you're one of the 10% of Americans who already enjoys all the added health and happiness fruits and veggies offer, you'll benefit from the insights the team learned in creating this program. Get excited to go behind the scenes of the research and understand how you can start to make positive changes in your own behavior by implementing the tips shared here. If you were never really motivated by knowledge based "5 a day" or "more matters" reminders, you'll find out why!
Finally, we hope you'll join us and Have a Plant! Check out yesterday's show notes HERE to learn about the challenge I've posed to you this week.
1. Visit the PBH website and social media platforms.
2. Select a fruit or veggie focused menu item that you're excited to try and commit to getting the ingredients to do so the next week.
3. Share your finished product before you eat it and tag us @FitArmadillo @TheFitFifteen @FruitsAndVeggies and use the hashtag #HaveAPlant to be entered into the giveaway and inspire your friends and family to join in on the fun!
About Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak
Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, is the President and CEO of the Produce for Better Health (PBH) Foundation. At PBH, she guides the Foundation’s efforts to work with more than 300 industry and government partners to advance the overall effort of increasing fruit and vegetable consumption for happier, healthier lives.
Prior to joining PBH, Wendy was the Global Lead for Food, Nutrition and Health Partnerships at Bayer (formally the Monsanto Company). In this role, her efforts focused on bridging the food, nutrition, culinary and agriculture communities for greater collaboration from seed to table.
Previously, Wendy served as Senior Director of Health and Wellness at the International Food Information Council (IFIC) and IFIC Foundation in Washington, DC. While at IFIC, she directed communication strategies, including consumer research, opinion leader and media outreach, as well as publications and partnerships, for multiple food safety and nutrition-related issues.
Links of Interest:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | PodBean
- Share feedback, nominate a guest, or request a topic
- Find the Produce for Better Health Foundation and Fruit and Veggie Inspiration on Facebook
- Save your spot in Briana's group fitness workout class this week HERE.
Tell a Friend:
Want to be happier? #HaveAPlant! Tips from @fruitsandveggies with President and CEO Wendy on @thefitfifteen #PodcastShow by @fitarmadillo #HealthyRecipeIdeas #HealthyandHappy #HappyLife #HappierLife
Did you enjoy this episode of The Fit Fifteen? Share your thoughts and questions below: