Ep 111: Losing Weight after 40 with Catherine & Donald Wygal
Losing Weight after 40 with Catherine & Donald Wygal
Struggling to lose weight after 40? Catherine and Donald Wygal prove you can lose weight after 40 and share tips that have helped them lose a combined 250 lbs. Did they go on a fad diet or hire personal trainers? Nope! You're sure to be inspired after listening to this couple share their weight loss journey. Today's episode focuses on losing weight even when you're "too old" and working on your mindset. The couple comes back to share more inspiration tomorrow. Don't want to wait? They have their own podcast show, We Only Look Thin, where they share their fitness journey.
Catherine and Donald Wygal are a married couple from Los Angeles, California and are the co-hosts of the We Only Look Thin podcast. Having spent the first 18 years of marriage on a never ending roller coaster of co-dependent disordered eating, fad diets, secret eating, weight loss
gimmicks and restrictive diets, these two finally got their health goals synced and sustainable in 2016 and have lost a combined 255 pounds.
The pair started the We Only Look Thin podcast in 2018 as a way to share their experiences in overcoming co-dependent, disordered eating. With a light hearted message of incorporating sustainable changes and taking accountability for one’s choices instead of being victims of circumstance, Donald and Catherine make it clear that there is no “finish line” to weight loss. Their weekly podcast tackles sensitive topics such as secret eating, bulimia and weight regain, while also injecting a bit of comedy to the often serious subject of weight loss.
Links of Interest:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | PodBean
- Share feedback, nominate a guest, or request a topic HERE
- Visit Catherine and Donald's website HERE
- Follow We Only Look Thin on Instagram | Facebook
- Join the Fit Armadillo #1MileADay October Fitness Challenge. Post on social media and tag @FitArmadillo for help holding yourself accountable. FREE tracker for this fitness challenge can be found HERE.
Other Episodes of Interest:
- Episode 103: Health Coach Debra Aplis, who I also met through the 2018 IDEA World Convention shared what it's like to work with a health coach and her fitness journey. She has an online health coaching program starting up TODAY. Check the show notes to learn how to get in touch to sign up for her program.
- Episode 94: Deena Kastor, the American women's record holder in the marathon, also talked a lot about mindset. I highly recommend her book, Let Your Mind Run, for runners and non-runner looking for inspiration and motivation.
Tell a Friend:
Can you #LoseWeight after 40? Donald and Catherine share how they've done just that and lost a combined 250 lbs on @thefitfifteen #PodcastShow by @fitarmadillo for #MondayMotivation
Did you enjoy this episode of The Fit Fifteen? Share your thoughts and questions below: