Ep 138: Marathoner, Mom and Entrepreneur Jessica Dorsey’s Running Journey
Marathoner, Mom and Entrepreneur Jessica Dorsey's Running Journey
Today's guest is a true powerhouse and inspiration as a runner, mom, and entrepreneur. Jessica Dorsey started running in middle school since she was athletic, but not coordinated. She continued running in high school, but took a break in college. Her running journey started again after her 1st daughter was born when she decided to train for her 1st marathon. Jessica has had to overcome several challenges on her running journey, but she's been able to progress a lot on her own in spite of injuries. She was even able to qualify for the Boston Marathon by training just 3 times a week with the Run Less, Run Faster plan. Now working with running coach, Dr. Jason Karp, Jessica is training for the California International Marathon (CIM) and working toward a dream to Olympic Trial Qualify. Follow and cheer her on over on Instagram where she's @MamaInTheFastLane! Come back tomorrow to learn more about her entrepreneurial journey and the awesome Wambas sports bras she's created.
About Jessica Dorey
Jessica is mom and entrepreneur living in Los Angeles with her two daughters, Luisa (2yrs) and Liliana (7 yrs), her husband Kevin, and their rescue pitbull Penny Pickle.
Born and raised in Wisconsin, her love for the outdoors was fostered at a young age. She grew up hiking and running, often on her own in the neighborhoods and woods near her
home. She was a top runner on her school’s cross country and track teams throughout middle school and high school, but did not continue competing in college.
It wasn’t until after she moved out to LA with her now husband and had her first daughter that she began training for her first marathon. Her training and race times have changed dramatically since that first marathon in 2012, and she is looking forward to chasing down some big goals in the near future.
Links of Interest:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | PodBean
- Share feedback, nominate a guest, or request a topic
- Follow Jessica on Instagram
- Check out Wamabs sports bras HERE and on Instagram
Other recommended episodes:
- Ep 117 Running Coach Dr. Jason Karp shares running tips
- Ep 118 Dr. Karp shares tips for marathon training
- Ep 132 Ventura Half Marathon winner Cheyne Inman shares his running journey
Improve your running and/or running coaching programs:
- Runners and running coaches check out Dr. Jason Karp's Revo2lution Running Certification program on November 17th 2018 in Santee California (just outside of San Diego). Code FITARMADILLO gets you 15% off and Catherine will see you there!
Tell a Friend:
Another #RunningHero from #VenturaMarathon! It's Jessica Dorsey of @mywambas stopping by @FitArmadillo #PodcastShow @thefitfifteen to share here #RunningJourney! #MotherRunner #RunLikeaGirl #OTC #RoadtoCIM
Did you enjoy this episode of The Fit Fifteen? Share your thoughts and questions below: