Pumpkin Granola Bars for National Pumpkin Day
Pumpkin lovers, I've got another blog post focused on pumpkin fun to help you celebrate National Pumpkin Day, enjoy a Healthy Halloween, put your pumpkin from our Great Pumpkin Workout to work nourishing you, or, even better, all of the above!
Last night, I finally tested out the healthy pumpkin recipe idea I've had on my mind for weeks (as my A-Listers know). What pumpkin themed dish was I dreaming about? A recipe for pumpkin granola bars with a twist.
Here at Fit Armadillo headquarters in Houston, TX, it might be October, but it still feels like summer!
Lately, my go to snack to help me beat the heat has been my favorite Arctic Zero ice-cream, but they don't have a pumpkin flavored carton yet. Finally, it hit me: I could turn my July 4 granola bar recipe into a Halloween recipe by swapping the berries for pumpkin.
The pumpkin-flavored verdict?
After taking this idea to my test kitchen (catch the behind the scenes action HERE) , I'm happy to report that it worked!
If you're a pumpkin lover, I hope you'll enjoy it!
Pumpkin Granola Bar Ingredients:
- 1 cup plain granola (THIS is my fave brand)
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 3 cups yogurt (Greek is recommended, choose vanilla if you want a sweeter flavor)
- 1/3 cup honey (live in Houston, TX? Shop local and check out our fave brand Nando's Honey we most recently found at Rice Village Flea)
Pumpkin Granola Bar Directions:
- Cut out an 8x8 inch square of parchment paper and place it on the bottom of an 8x8 inch glass dish.
- Pour your cup of granola into the dish and spread it out evenly.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Pour your blended ingredients on top of your granola.
- Freeze for about 8 hours, taking the dish out a few hours in so you can divide the dish into 16 pumpkin granola bar squares.
Will you try out our pumpkin granola bar recipe? Tell us what you think and if you'll try it to celebrate National Pumpkin Day, a healthy Halloween, or just for fun by leaving a comment below: